Environmental Project Management
Whether creating a new Country Park, installing new Visitor Centre or creating new habitats, agb Environmental has the team to help you deliver successful projects in the environment.
The effective management of projects in the environment can be complex, as there are often many significant constraints to undertaking any sort of development. These can include:
- Technical specialists, such as ecology and archaeology,
- Engineering requirements such as civil and structural engineers, and
- Local and professional community engagement requirements.
A critical success factor in effective project management is therefore experience of these constraints and how they may impact the project from planning through to delivery.
Our trained Environmental Project Managers work closely with your team to scope, plan, manage and complete the project. This is supported by close ties with the different specialists that may be required, including landscape architects, civil engineers, ecologists, archaeologists, foresters, planners and skilled contractors.
We are therefore able to provide a turn-key solution, or we can work alongside your internal or retained specialists to manage the project. Our experience is varied, including:
- Creation of new strategic greenspace sites in development areas.
- Reclamation of brownfield sites for forestry and public end use.
- Development of visitor facilities, including large visitor centres through to small scale cafes.
- Access and recreational infrastructure, including roads, car parks and play areas.
- Habitat creation, including woodland, wetlands and wildflower meadows.
Our Project Managers will work with you to:
- Establish your objectives,
- Develop the project scope,
- Identify the project team,
- Plan the project,
- Manage the delivery of the project and
- Monitor the project success.
Our Environmental Project Management service is ideally targeted towards public sector landowners, NGOs and strategic site developers.
Strategic Scale Complex Project and Programme Management
We have limited capacity to undertake major and complex strategic scale projects and programmes, which may have a long term organisation-wide impact.
These projects are rare in their nature, but due to their significance, having an experienced and capable Project Manager becomes essential.
The management of these strategic projects and programmes will often last in excess of 12 months and will be inter-twined with internal staff and systems.