Air quality has become a major priority of late, with significant emphasis on the impacts to, and of, development projects.
Air Quality Capability Statement
We are able to provide the following Air Quality services:
- Air Quality Assessment (AQA)
- Air quality monitoring
- Air quality modelling
- Dust assessment
- Odour assessment
About Air Quality
There are several planning guidance documents available that outline when an Air Quality Assessment may be required to support a planning application. As a guide, if any of the following has the potential to impact on air quality, an Air Quality Assessment may be required:
- Dust emissions during demolition/construction
- Emissions from plant and HGV movements during demolition/construction
- Emissions from traffic due to the operation of the proposed development
- Emissions from de-centralised energy provision (CHP or biomass), or industrial plant, due to the operation of the proposed development
- Emissions of dust and/or odour due to the operation of the proposed development
If new exposure will be introduced into an area of poor air quality (including areas affected by dust and/or odour), an air quality assessment may be required.
agb Environmental offers a screening option for existing clients. On receipt of the development proposals, our team will advise whether we consider an AQA or other air quality service may be required.